- Danielle Espino, Sponsored Research Project Coordinator, Pepperdine University, California
- Dr. Eric Hamilton, Principal Investigator and Project Leader, Pepperdine University, California
- Katherine McMillan, Co-Principal Investigator, New York Hall of Science, New York
- Priya Mohabir, Co-Principal Investigator, New York Hall of Science, New York
Teacher Leaders/Champions and Site Leaders:
- George Foe-Aman, Long Beach Unified School District - Long Beach, California, USA
George Foe-Aman received his Bachelor of Arts Degree in Communications from California State University, Fullerton and went on to receive his Masters of Science degree in Industrial Design and Technology. He received his Teaching Credential at California State University, Long Beach in 1996. He is originally from Paramaribo, Suriname (South America) and currently resides in Long Beach, California. He has previously worked at Color Systems Technology (CST) in Hollywood as a Colorist, Supervisor and Manager and Chase Productions as a Sound Engineer. He is now a Computer Teacher and Webmaster at Cabrillo High School in Long Beach, California. His educational interests involve web design and programming. A fun fact about him: he spends his spare time on the Pacific ocean boating or in his backyard gardening, and taking care of his 28 fruit trees. He is also trilingual, fluent in English, Dutch, and Spanish.
- Lynette Foe-Aman, Long Beach Unified School District - Long Beach, California, USA
Lynette Foe-Aman is currently a mathematics teacher at Cabrillo High School. Originally from Kansas City, MO, she graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Rockhurst College and received her Mathematics Credential from California State University-Long Beach. She received her Master’s of Art in Education Counseling from California State University Dominguez Hills. She worked in the accounting field for 17 years, including the Department of Defense as an auditor on the Space Shuttle contract, in the IRS as a field agent, and small business owner in accounting and returning corporations into the IRS system to resolve tax issues. Her teaching career began in 2001 and she now teaches all levels of mathematics courses as Cabrillo High School. A fun fact about her: she loves exploring space-time continuum and string theory, black holes, and dark matter. Her bucket list goals include swimming next to a while whale and helping raise baby orphaned gorillas at a sanctuary in Cameroon.
- Rebecca Gill, New York Hall of Science, NYSCI (ExplainerTV team) - New York, New York, USA
Bec Gill is a STEAM educator, writer and producer. Born and bred in Adelaide, Australia, Bec graduated from the University of South Australia with a Bachelors Degree in Communication and Media. At New York Hall of Science (NYSCI), she is the Manager of Explainer TV - currently the world's only youth-focused science filmmaking program ran out of a major museum. Her key role there is to mentor students in the creation of science videos that profile the programs, exhibits and people of NYSCI - and develop the programs growth. Bec has previously worked as a newspaper journalist, Creative Director at a Global PR company, and with the Australian Government version of Peace Corps in Indonesia, working in collaboration with the World Health Organization and UNICEF. Outside of her work with NYSCI (a part-time role) Bec also mentors inner city girls as part of the Girls Write Now program in NYC and produces a science news channel on The Young Turks Network.
- Jose Israel Ramirez-Gamez, Clark County School District - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Israel Ramirez graduated from California State Polytechnic University, Pomona earning a Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics. He later graduated with a Master of Arts in Education from the University of Phoenix. He is originally from Morelia, Michoacan, Mexico and currently resides in Las Vegas, Nevada, currently teaching mathematics at Spring Valley High School (SVHS), Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV. At SVHS, he supervises SVHS StudentsCreate - a video club at Spring Valley High School that has been running for 4 years. He is extremely proud of all the SVHS StudentsCreate students and is very passionate about continued collaboration with teachers and students around the globe to enhance education in the classroom. A fun fact about him: he loves to spend his free time spending quality time with his family, reading books, watching movies, and playing soccer.
- Dr. Veera Kallunki, University of Helsinki, country coordinator for all clubs in Finland
Veera is currently the Coordinator for Educational technology at University of Helsinki and researcher. She received her Doctor of Philosophy, Physics and Education in 2009 from the University of Helsinki. Her skills and interests include qualitative research and university teaching especially in the STEM fields. Her recent research addresses digital learning, multidisciplinary teaching, and learning processes. In her doctoral dissertation, she has studied the learning processes of natural sciences among primary school students.
- Zachariah (Zach) Mbasu, African Maths Initiative (AMI), country coordinator for all clubs in Kenya
Zach Mbasu is originally from Kakamega county just north west of Nairobi, Kenya. He received his Bachelor of Education Science degree at Egerton University in Kenya and his Master of Science in Applied Statistics as Maseno University. He has been a mathematics teacher for 6 years, an ICT Champion helping learners and teachers using technology in education, and is currently the founder and CEO of African Maths Initiative. In this position he shares practical out of classroom ideas with schools, develops innovative learning resources, and builds capacity for school instructors and students. He is passionate about technology integration in learning. A fun fact about him: he enjoys traveling, cycling, and field hockey.
- Cyrus Meema, MPESA Foundation Academy - Thika (outside of Nairobi), Kenya
Cyrus was born in Kakamega County and is a graduate of the University of Nairobi with a Masters in Project Planning and Management. He has a Bachelor of Education from Masinde Muliro University in Kenya. He started his teaching career in 2009 at St. Anthony's Boys High School in Kitale before working at Starehe Boys Centre and School in 2013. During his time there, the school performed exceptionally well and was ranked 4th best in the country. He left the school in early 2016 for an opportunity at Mpesa Foundation Academy. He loves teaching and exploring the world's infinite opportunities and possibilities in teaching and learning. He brings a rich background in mathematics and entrepreneurship to his seventh year in teaching. He currently oversees the running of the STEM club and entrepreneurship activities in the school and believes as a teacher it's important to create real connections in the classroom and create a student centered approach to learning. Fun fact about Cyrus: He loves to travel, trains the soccer and tennis teams, and is an avid believer in conserving our environment.
- Edwin Omollo, St. Aloysius Gonzaga - Kibera, Nairobi, Kenya
- Rachel Nghifikwa, University of Namibia, country coordinator for all clubs in Namibia
- Shad Wachter, South Fayette Township School District - South Fayette, Pennsylvania, USA
- Shad Wachter is a veteran teacher of eighteen years. With a start in music education, he has evolved into a technology leader within his school, district, and region. After receiving a Bachelor of Music Education degree from West Virginia Wesleyan, Shad taught band and general music to middle school students at Fallston Middle School in Fallston, Maryland. A Master of Education degree in the field of technology education from Loyola College in Maryland opened the door for a position at South Fayette School District in McDonald, Pennsylvania. As a technology literacy teacher at South Fayette Intermediate School, Shad prepared his 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students with technology skills to be successful in a global society. This year, Shad took on a new position at South Fayette Intermediate School as the STEAM teacher and Innovation Integrator. Shad sponsors after school activities including a Scratch programming club, a performing arts club, media club, and the IC4 club. He has presented at regional, state, and international conferences. Shad grew up at Deep Creek Lake in Western Maryland and now resides in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania. Fun fact about him: he loves to water ski and snow ski and spend time with his two daughters, Sophia and Mikaela. He is very proud of being able to keep his New Years Resolution of completing one home improvement project a week for 2017.
- Aileen M. Owens, South Fayette Township School District - South Fayette, Pennsylvania, USA
- Miguel Hernandez, South Fayette Township School District - South Fayette, Pennsylvania, USA
- Zony Swartz, Keetmanshoop Teacher Resource Center (TRC) - Keetmanshoop, Namibia
- Gertruida Losper, Keetmanshoop Teacher Resource Center (TRC) - Keetmanshoop, Namibia
- Mara Potadder, Keetmanshoop Teacher Resource Center (TRC) - Keetmanshoop, Namibia
- Karen Nyambe, Keetmanshoop Teacher Resource Center (TRC) - Keetmanshoop, Namibia
- Albertina Mwandingi, Ongwediva Teacher Resource Center (TRC) - Ongwediva, Namibia
- Abraham Hepangalume, Ongwediva Teacher Resource Center (TRC) - Ongwediva, Namibia
- Jona Mingeli, Ongwediva Teacher Resource Center (TRC) - Ongwediva, Namibia
- Markus Nkandu, Rundu Teacher Resource Center (TRC) - Rundu, Namibia
- Efraim Tjakula, Rundu Teacher Resource Center (TRC) - Rundu, Namibia
- Lusia Immanuel, Rundu Teacher Resource Center (TRC) - Rundu, Namibia
- Mariamma Matthew, Windhoek International School - Windhoek, Namibia
- Urte Dorgelog, Windhoek International School - Windhoek, Namibia
- Julia Iyambo, J.G. van der Wath Secondary School - Okahandja, Namibia
- Mariana Perez Gonzalez, Harkness Institute - Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
- Dr. Chitra Nayak, Tuskegee University, country coordinator for all clubs in India
- Dr. Jijo Ulahannan, Kerala, India
- Dr. Bobby Jose, Kerala, India
Research Assistants - Pepperdine University:
Pepperdine University students who contribute to this as research assistants as schedules permit.
- Xiaofan Gui, Seaver College
Xiofan is currently a sophomore at Pepperdine University and is expecting to graduate April 2020. He is currently double majoring in mathematics and economics, while minoring in computer science. Xiofan currently resides in Malibu, CA, he is originally from Salt Lake City, Utah. Xiofan is looking to forward to working with this project as he has been apart of the team since Fall 2016. Xiofan has played percussion since the third grade, and is currently on Pepperdine’s wind ensemble and orchestra.
- Kristina Lux, Graduate School of Education & Psychology
Kristina is currently pursuing her doctorate degree in Organizational Leadership and is expected to graduate in 2019. She received her master’s in education from John Carroll University and her master’s in psychology from Pepperdine University. She attended Cal Poly Pomona and received her bachelors of science in international business and marketing. Kristina was born in Newton, MA and her family resides in Ohio. She currently lives in Laguna Niguel, CA and a has lived in various parts of CA since 1985. Kristina has been a part of this project since November 2016. Kristina loves to run long distances and hopes to complete her first marathon in 2017.
- Joyce Ndegemo, School of Law
Joy is currently a practicing lawyer pursuing a master’s degree in law (LLM) at Pepperdine University, School of Law (Malibu campus) She is expecting to graduate in May 2018. She attended the Law Development Centre in Kampala, Uganda for her post-graduate diploma in legal practice. Joy also attended Makerere University, in Kampala, Uganda, for her undergraduate degree in bachelor of laws (LLB) (Honors). Joy was born and raised in a Kamonkoli, a small town in the Eastern part of Uganda. Joy currently lives in West Hills, CA. She has been a part of this project since October 2016. Joy loves to dance, travel, have adventures, and she loves and believes in God.
- Sandra Sarmonpal, Graduate School of Education & Psychology
- Seung Bok Lee, Graduate School of Education & Psychology
- Jenna Welsh, School of Law
Jenna is currently a JD student at Pepperdine University's School of Law. She completed her undergraduate degree from Pepperdine University in rhetoric and leadership communication. Originally, she is from Gettysburg, PA, she currently resides in Westlake Village, CA. Jenna has been apart of the project since September 2015. She is a huge history buff, and four of her great uncles are WWII veterans.
- Catherine William, Seaver College
Catherine is currently attending Pepperdine University and is expected to graduate in 2020. She attended Immaculate Heart High School in Los Angeles, as well as Jumeirah College in Dubai. Originally, Catherine is from Dubai, UAE, she currently lives in Los Angeles, CA. She has been a part of this project since last Fall 2016. Catherine is quite the traveler, she has been to every continent.
- Lauren Van Tress, Seaver College
Click to set custom HTML